Tuesday, July 19, 2005

curli gets a job and other random things

So I finally got a job. The call came today, and now I'm the first hired employee of still unopened Howard Johnson hotel in Rigaud, QC. In fact, I start tomorow at one o'clock. I think we're officially opening on the first, but seeing as the hotel has just been built, there's alot of cleaning to do and I've been called in to help. I guess this solves the earlier dillema of what I'm going to do with my summer now that Thea's off to camp and I have a phone-allergy. Now I'll have something to do, and what's more, I'll be getting paid for it. :)

Unfortunetly, work tomorow means a possibility of an awkward moment between myself and a friend I haven't seen or heard of since May. She lives in Ontario but she's in the province visiting her cousins at the moment. We were supposed to hang out today, but she got held up in Montreal, so we rescheduled for tomorow. Then I got the call from Howard Johnson. I decided that it was impossible to blow off my first day at work and keep my job for long, so I told them I would be there. However, I would hate for my friend to think that I'm deliberatly avoiding her or something. After all, last time I went to her house things got a little strange because she got busted, and sold me out for things I didn't do. I'm not entirely sure she's aware that I know she told her parents about things I haven't done, but the fact of the matter is that I haven't heard of her since then and I'm getting a tad worried our relationship will get awkward and spoil. Then again, I can't say in all honnesty that I tried very hard to keep in touch after a very strange conversation with my mom about whether or not I drink and do drugs. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home