Monday, August 15, 2005

three more sleeps

Three more sleeps until I go to Ontario! I'm happy I'm going, it'll be super fun. My sisters getting married on Saturday, my brother is probably leaving for BC on Sunday. I'll be sad to see him go, but at the same time I know it'll be good for him, that he's making the right descision. It's more than likely the first crazy descision Philippes made that I totally agree with, in fact. He's such an awesome brother, I'm happy he's following his dreams. As for my sister, being married actually won't change much about her life. She already lives with him, but I guess it's that much more of a comitment. I'm really happy for her as well, I'm sure it's yet another good descision.

I pack the day after tomorow. That should be interesting, I'm sure. Clothing I'm not worried about, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to kill, so because of that I'm not sure what I should bring other than clothes. I think what I'll do is pack my sketchbook, which is always usefull, and I'll bring my humongeous Lord of the Rings book as well. It's all the books in one, so I'm sure it'll keep me occupied. Plus, I'm already completely absorbed in the story, because I've recently started to re-read them. I'm only at book two out of six, so no doubt it'll last me a whole weekend.

Speaking of LotR, I've been noticing about ten million similarities between LotR and Harry Potter. Not so much in the plot, but in the characters. Just think, Dumbledore and Gandalf could have nearly been the same wizard with different clothing. The Black Riders are an awful lot like the ancestors of Dementors. Wormtongue. Wormtail. Need I say more about those two? I don't know. Maybe it's just my inner conspiracy theorist coming out, but it seems that it's pretty damn obvious where J.K. Rowlings inspiration for her characters came from. Or perhaps I'm just annoyed with H.P. at the moment. I mean, the plot is super imaginitive and all, it's just that the actual quality of the writing seems to lack. And I'm tired of all the retarded teeny-boppers. Because whatever they might say, Harry will never rox0rs my b0xorz exclamation mark one one one one.

Anyhow, I suppose that my beef for now. Tata my loves!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets see..where to start?
First; Curli, I'm so happy for your sister and your brother! YAY!^^

Secondly; LoTR and HP ARE really similar. Even I noticed that and I'm not a LoTR fanatic.

Bring some music and at least two other books apart from your LoTR because you might actually go through the whole thing. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
Love,
Mourning Star Lucifer

PS. Know who this is?

9:02 PM  
Blogger curli said...

Of course I know who that was! And if it's not you, Izzy, then I might have to hurt myself. Anyhow, I think I'll only bring LotR though, because I'm only gone for three nights and really busy preparing stuff and whatnot. Plus, my sister's sharing a hotel room with me one night, so I think it'll be okay.


And don't worry, my music always comes with me.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home