Thursday, June 29, 2006

Prom!

So, prom was last night. And what a night it was! I really want to do it all over again. Everyone looked gorgeous, and afterwards the party was freaking awesome. I had so much fun, and it was so funny... I would like to do that again and again.

But yeah. I decided I would compile a couple guidelines for partying. You know, for my benefit and the benefit of the others around me. But mostly mine. So here are the few I've come up with so far.

Do what feels comfortable
Don't go to a party that you know you won't be comfortable in. Don't agree to do something that you're not sure you want to do. In other words, don't give in to peer pressure.

Wear a t-shirt
I know this one from personal experience. It's not that spaghetti straps aren't cool, but if you happpen to get wildly drunk, you might just end up with your top regurgitating your boobs and being too drunk to notice or to care. Besides, when I'm sloppy and staying up late, I find I'm more comfortable with a t-shirt either way.

Try to remember
Drinking, I admit, can be awfully fun at times. Sometimes it's just funny to be drunk. However, it's better to remember. Because if you can't remember, it probably means that you don't really want to either. Chances are you were making a complete fool out of yourself and you're better off not knowing too much.

Don't use alcohol as your excuse
Whatever you do, try as much as possible to not blame it ont the fact that you were drunk. I mean, if you're stumbling around or something dumb like that it doesn't matter, but I want to hear none of this "I hit so-and-so because I was drunk." or "I fooled around with such-and-such because I got trashed." And I know that this is harder than it seems, because sometimes, you're telling the truth when you're blaming your drunkeness. However, if you've done something, you can't change that fact, so don't always try to justify yourself. I'm sorry, but I don't really give a crap about your justifications. Either you did it or you didn't. This goes hand in hand with the next guideline:

Don't do things you know you'll regret
Unless you're completely out of control, which you shouldn't be, you've still got some judgement left. So use it. If you know you shouldn't be kissing that girl that's not your girlfriend, don't kiss her. You know you'll regret it, so stay away.

Pack a disposable camera
Capture the moment, but dont' kill yourself if you've lost the camera.

So, that's all for now because I'm tired. More to come later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home