Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Technicalities of a Hug

Until yesterday night, I had never thought it was possible to describe a hug as "bad".

Over the rather short span of my life, I must say that I've been hugged quite a number of times. I must get about 4 hugs a day, and I've been alive for sixteen years and 331 days. Assuming that my ratio of hugs per day has always been constant, that makes a total of about 24 684 hugs in all of my lifetime. Sad hugs, comforting hugs, friendly hugs, warm hugs, all kinds of hugs.

But yesterday was TFG's birthday, and I had to go. And he hugged me, and it was the most awkward and uncomfortable thing. He's really tall (I'm talking somewhere along the lines of 6'7") and he felt the need to swoop down on you, so I ended up with this really tall thing slouching over me, and his arms went over mine so I was kind of stuck in this weird positions with the top of my arms pinned to one side while my forearms were wrapping around him, not to mention that the way he slouched made my back arch in a really awkward manner. And to add to that, he held on way too long and I didn't know what to do about it. It made me miss all my friends terribly.

Anyhow, all that to say that I didn't know a hug could technically go wrong. Sure, every once in a while you might be too enthusiastic and hit someone or something, but to have the actual hugging part of the operation go wrong... I can't help but think that this is the sealing wax on my confirmation that we are definitely not ment to be together. One day, I hope he finds someone who's hug lego clicks a lot better than ours.

1 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Hahaa... I've missed so much. I'm steeling your corny thing and putting it on mine... wich you can see now!!!! wooot ...

I love you sweetheart, see you later!

girlfridayfairy.blogspot.Org? or ca or com or whatever it is.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home