Thursday, September 22, 2005

there must be some mistake...

So I'm doing the dishes tonight, and the phone rings. My dad picks up.
"She's busy, let me take down the number and she'll call back."

Turns out it was Debbie from the Music Club. Apparently there was some sort of mistake and they mistook me for another girl. I'm in the play after all! :D

This makes me happy, for a few reasons.
- The people doing the casting had been telling me that I had a nice voice for a while now and I felt kind of gipped that they didn't cast me after hyping me up for such a long time.
- I didn't really want to make costumes with the woman making costumes this year. Although I'm sure she's nice, she never smiles and I think I would feel uncomfortable working with her for an extended period of time.
- I like rehersals, I admit it. I also like being backstage.
- This year it's set in the fifties and I like to wear circle skirts. :)
- I felt bad for Thea because she only had Marika to talk to. And that's no fun at all.
- I felt ashamed of telling my work that I could work Sunday afternoons afer all, especially considering we had already worked something out. Now I don't have to.


Too bad Craig isn't doing it this year, I would have liked him to be there, because Craig is cool. However, I totally understand that he's got other fish to fry instead of being in chorus, so I forgive him. That is, as long as he comes to watch the final product. :)

And holy crap, Dresden Dolls are coming to Montreal, and seeing as the prices are incredibly cheap I just might be able to go. :D I still have to talk to Mom about it, but I think if I play my cards right it'll be okay with her. Damn, I really really want to go, they're one of my favorite bands!

So yeah. This is me being happy. Not to mention I had time to listen to Spanish Train right before I got off the school bus this morning, so I had an awesome song in my head the whole day.

"There's a Spanish Train that runs between..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger Salaries Surface
Adam Penenberg at Wired News breaks down the earnings of those who blog for a living at Weblogs Inc.
Great blog, keep up the good work! I will bookmark it and come back again soon.
I have a a credit site/blog that is related to credit stuff.
Check it out if you have time!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home