Tuesday, November 15, 2005

better now

I quit my job yesterday and I feel better now. They tried to put me on-call, so I told them that I would look elsewhere for a more dependable form of employment. Now I'm really hoping one of my resumes that I handed out on Saturday will work out, because if not I majorly screwed myself over. But what's done is done, so I will accept it and won't look back. And if I have it my way, I will never darken the doorway of the Howard Johnson Inn ever again.

The teachers are voting about the strike/contract/e.c.a. ban tonight, I really hope it works out for them. God, I want to be part of the new school government system, the debate club, rugby, the europe trip. And if I want to make those things work, I need the teachers to be able to take part in extra curricular activities. Oh, I hope it works out. I don't want to lose my three-hundred-and-something dollars already invested in the trip. I want to make my school a better place. I want to argue with people I don't know. I want to run around in the mud. I want e.c.a.'s. And if I'm not mistaken, the teachers do as well.

Meh. Feeling sort of weird todays. A mix of bad-weather-blahs and warm feelings about Christmas that's coming and friends and going to the Book Fair on Thursday. I can't wait, I want to buy tons and tons of books and read them all and love them. I love books. In fact, if I inherited a million dollars tomorow at least half of it would go towards literature. The other half would probably go towards sewing and crafting.

Speaking of which, I've had a mighty idea today. Next year I'll be going to cegep. And I know this'll sound really girly, but I want to look good. Not necessarily for other people, but I always feel that when I look at myself in the mirror, I'll feel more confident if I'm looking good. So I figured that this summer, before I'm tied up with too many bills to pay, I'll take at least half a paycheck and buy nothing but different fabrics and stuffs. I'll make shirts and tops and skirts and dresses and a bunch of different bags to mix and match. Or I'll start doing all that this year, and my goal will be to have a certain number of things done before cegep starts. That would be awesome. I've been thinking of making myself a big black tote bag for this winter, because I always find that small bags make winter coats look even bigger. I could embroider something cool on it in beige to make it go with my coat, too. And if I make the design myself, I'll be able to count it as an art project too. w00t! I've been thinking about launching some sort of clothing company in recent times, and I think I've finally hit on a fun name. How does "Frisky Kitten" clothing company grab you? I thought it was cute and kind of catchy, which I figure is what you need if you're selling to girls. And if I start selling to guys as well later on, then I'll make a different name for that line. But for now, it's just for girls because that's all I can handle. Now I just need a place to sell. I'll talk to Ginette at Facade, because independant stores are more likely to do consignment. I'll try Shabby Chic as well, just to cover the bases. You never know. I'll also look into consignment for pixelgirlshop.com too, but I need to research it more before hand.

Oh god, I'm such a girl. Isn't it great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home