Tuesday, October 18, 2005

cooling down

Sorry about yesterdays post guys, I just needed to get that out of my system. Under the bad points, I showed my uber self-centered bitch side. Under the good points, it did trigger some pondering on my part and I did get a few answers.

See, what I realised is that what a lot of people want in a boyfriend/girlfriend these days is someone with mild personality, smart enough to laugh at their jokes but not bright enough to prove them wrong. Therefore, when two slightly dim-witted people find each other, they end up liking each other and going out. Fait accompli.

Sadly, I don't think I fit into that category. I'm not smarter than the average person, that's for sure, but I definetly don't want the same things. I need someone who will challenge me. I need someone to argue with. I don't want someone who'll laugh at all my jokes, I want someone who will question them.

Now, I already do have a couple friends that do that for me, but they are friends and nothing more. This, I suppose, is where things get more complicated. What's wrong with these guys? Who knows, but something tells me we're much better off friends. But I'm one step further to solving the mystery than I was twenty four hours ago, so there's that.

It is entirely possible I've missed the mark completely, but at least for now I feel a little more fufilled.

On a different note, I think I should hire Thea as my publicist or something. She got me another tutoring job, I can't believe it. What a gal, she gets an extra big Christmas present this year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VeriSign Acquires News Aggregator
Mark McLaughlin, a VeriSign senior vice president, said the company has been watching the recent explosion of so-called real-time information, distributed in the RSS format, and saw a lack of technological ...
I was blogg surfing and I found your blog. I think it is very interesting. Keep up the good work!!
If you ever think in having your own busness and quit your job witha minimal investment, visit this site make money, if you need make money this is great"

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah the other lady called you??? that makes me happy, I forgot to tell you. BUt yah!!!! Her son is sorat a littl addish, but hes really really nice!!! YOu'll love him.

Keep smiling sweetheart!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home